Saturday, June 12, 2010

Drinking With Bicuspid Aortic Valve

PETA Vegan Beignets! Vegan donuts!

Hey, now if I bring you another prescription. Is to make beignets. Beignets are like donuts, are popular in New Orleans. I was watching the movie "The Princess and the Frog" (which my friend Andrea gave me, thanks!), And as in New Orleans this dish looks a lot during the whole movie so I fancy I decided to make this recipe vegan , and came out delicious!

Here is the recipe,

Beignets:

2 tablespoons oil 3 tablespoons sugar

1 / 2 teaspoon salt
3 / 4 cup warm water
3 / 4 cup soy milk 2 teaspoons baking

flour 3 cups icing sugar

oil

Combine oil, Azcue, salt, water and milk in a bowl. Add yeast and allow resting for 5 minutes until yeast is active. (It is very important that the water is warm and soy milk also to activate the yeast)
Slowly add flour until dough forms. The dough is soft so it's perfect for donuts.

Heat oil in a deep pan and heat. Form small rectangles of dough (or balls), also You can train them like donuts but is easier on balls or rectangles and add the oil. Dora aside for 3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and continue cooking for a while.

Then take them out, and covered with icing sugar. When I say covered, I mean seriously haha, how famous of these Donita is the cover with icing sugar. They are delicious as they are, or you can cover them with a little melted chocolate or eat with a cup of coffee.



I bring you some pictures about what they're doing on the display. We have this display of animal abuse on the Washington Mall, which is very close to the White House and Smithsonian museums. I'm really enjoying working on this, because every day I talk to hundreds of people about how they can stop animal abuse, I am also the only person who speaks English and there are many tourists as if I have to talk with them, and I love it .

Here are some pictures.






Thanks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment