Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ho Scale Roundhouse Plans

Les moyens de transport à Dijon


Good
all, how are you? How are things in Argentina (or wherever you are you reading these lines)?
In this post I will comment a little Dijon situation as regards transport. You might think it's an entry without much sense, but it is so different from Buenos Aires or another city you know, I think at the end of the entry will think it's interesting. And if not ... well, I'm sorry for having caused the loss of 5 minutes it took to read these lines.
I know I wrote a little about everything what ride a bike ... and may not be the last to do so. It is very important in my life in Dijon: I go to school every day, I shop, I go to parties or meetings that organisms, especially in cycling.
The city of Dijon is not very large. Has a center, and has what might be called the suburbs. All this is called "Grand Dijon." And then, next to the city, there are other small towns, which in my view also Dijon. I live (or lived, since at this moment that I write, I am no longer there) in the north of the city, on the edge of one of these small towns surrounding called St. Apollinaire.
In my last days I did a bike tour with a German friend throughout the city and went from the North where I live, to the south where there is a great park to go after the north-west, where this lake Kir. All this in one day. To see that the distances are not the same as in other countries.


Dijon is so small that there are only buses. The bus network, we should not belittle however, is very complete and very good. The buses are great and very good quality. They are a bit slow, as it somehow. Fulfill their schedule, not deny it, but they are so slow sometimes. Not compared with the groups in Argentina that go so fast sometimes forget that even when people stop at bus stops.
One can pay for credits cards and can travel as long as you want. Then one gets everywhere (buses are usually three or more doors) and go. But you must buy a ticket an hour, which costs one euro. Is one hour from the moment you validate it. That time begins to run. And you can get off and ride whenever you want on the lines you want, for an hour.
drivers get on very often to see if everyone has a ticket a day. Otherwise the fine is 50 euros. The people do not want much to the drivers. In a letter read stop "I prefer to be controlling unemployment." That is why one has much freedom, everywhere to ride whenever and others, but better to have a day ticket. Once I get on without paying. But really if I grabbed was 50 euros. Have to travel 50 times without one to grab it worthwhile. So I never did, always bought my ticket. Either way, traveling by bus was not something I did many times.
Finally, a detail that caught my attention, all buses have cameras that film people. Thus once at a bus stop got someone from the company and went down to a drunkard who had fallen asleep in a chair who knows a few hours had been. And again we came up with 40 students because we went to a party, two stops later 3 men boarded the company faced and serious ill and took out the bottles were students.
Anyway, I hope that this brief glimpse has taught them something about how you live around here. To me it's all very interesting.
I send a big salute, thank you for reading the blog and keep in touch.
À plus,
Guille

0 comments:

Post a Comment